I've made it a mission that I'm going to take one trip per year so that I don't feel that I'm being weighed down by work and life in BC.
Last year, I went to New Orleans and had the time of my life. My friend Chris came with me, mostly because he is a bit of a ghoul, just like me. And it's a party town, and we both wanted to do ghost tours, drink a Hurricane, earn some beads, and walk with a cup of beer from pub to pub.
PART ONE:
We got to New Orleans at about 3pm, and before we had even left the airport, we were sweating like nobody's business. The temperature was sitting at about 42 degrees. I'm used to highs of about 30. I immediatly regretted packing jeans.
Our room was a dissapointment. The ad had claimed that it was "Air Conditioned". It had a ceiling fan. The beds were huge, but lumpy, and the shower had no pressure at all. But who cares, we weren't planning on spending a lot of time in there anyways! We were on the streets in the time it took us to shower, change, and unpack some essentials.
The French Quarter was totally packed. I had a few strings of beads around my neck before we got to the first pub! To be fair though, I didn't flash anyone the first night, they were just throwing them down from the balconys. So we got to the first place and immediatly ordered a Hurricane each. That's a drink that they only make in New Orleans, and they won't tell anyone whats in it. Then, while we did the random party wander, we were ticketed with "Party Pooper" tickets by some lady looking for a hand out. I pleeded not guilty and showed her my nearly empty big ass beer and walked away. I think Chris gave her some money though. :P
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(20)
-
▼
August
(10)
- Ok, it's been a while since I've posted :( Sorry!...
- I am a catastrophe on legs.I can't seem to go more...
- I fear That not all is tRuea secret lies behind th...
- I have created yet another character on WoW...I no...
- Why do human beings kill for religious reasons??Go...
- PART THREE:Most of the week in New Orleans was a b...
- PART TWO:Sunday morning, Chris and I woke up in ou...
- I've made it a mission that I'm going to take one ...
- World of Warcraft? Way of Life??So last night, bei...
- OK, so here is Blog #1. I have never made one of ...
-
▼
August
(10)
No comments:
Post a Comment