World of Warcraft? Way of Life??
So last night, being the huge geek that I am, I went home from a slow day at work, sat down at my computer, and promptly logged into WoW. I then played for an astonishing 6 hours straight, heading to bed when my eyes could no longer stay open without the use of toothpicks.
Six hours...you would think that I would at least be able to level my main character Shavida in that time, but no. I spent all my time farming (that means killing things to get a specific item) for a couple of those hours. Shavida (level 55 Troll Shaman) was killed spectacularily by a giant dinosaur in Un'Goro crater as I was killing oozes to try to get this pattern that I need for tribal Leatherworking, and then, once I ressurected her, she was promptly killed again by another dinosaur becuase she wasn't at full health. What a load of crap.
Then, on an impulse at about 10pm, I created a new character on a PVP server (player versus player) and deleted my other one. I was only at level nine, so it was easy enough to get my new character back up to par. But, I like this character better already, I deleted a rogue, and created a hunter. I already have two other rogues, so it was getting redundant :( I decided on a hunter because it's one of the only classes that I don't already have. I have a shaman, a paladin, 2 rogues, a warlock, a druid, a mage, and now a hunter. That leaves just the warrior and the priest, and I don't like those classes, so I'll probably never create one.
I think tonight, if I play at all (which I probably will, because Geoff is busy planning a bachelor party for his best friend) I am going to make it my mission to get Shavida at least to level 56, she's about half way there.
I hated WoW at first, mostly because my boyfriend played it without me, and I was getting bored of watching him play. But when I started my own character on his account, I was so thrilled by the hugeness of the game that I think I lost myself a bit in it. I am a huge fan of RPG games like the Final Fantasy's, so this was almost like the next step for me. Logical, and obsessive.
Man, I need to get out...I hear there is sunshine...seeing is believing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(20)
-
▼
August
(10)
- Ok, it's been a while since I've posted :( Sorry!...
- I am a catastrophe on legs.I can't seem to go more...
- I fear That not all is tRuea secret lies behind th...
- I have created yet another character on WoW...I no...
- Why do human beings kill for religious reasons??Go...
- PART THREE:Most of the week in New Orleans was a b...
- PART TWO:Sunday morning, Chris and I woke up in ou...
- I've made it a mission that I'm going to take one ...
- World of Warcraft? Way of Life??So last night, bei...
- OK, so here is Blog #1. I have never made one of ...
-
▼
August
(10)
No comments:
Post a Comment