OK, so here is Blog #1. I have never made one of these before, so until I get used to it, you'll probably be reading all about my escapades on my days off, but I think that's the point, isn't it?
To start off, let me tell you a bit about me. I was born in Naniamo, BC in 1980, on a rainy night in April. I am both a Taurus and an Aries sign (figure that one out!). I have a cat named Yoda who has been with me since he was a week old and he's now 12! I have an awesome boyfriend named Geoff that I have been with for about five years (some off and on in there in the first couple years). I have an awesome mom, wicked sister, cool dad, diva niece, and an angelic step mom. I currently work at a financial institustion in Cloverdale BC and I am working my way to my own corner office with a window of my very own! :P
Saturday - My co-workers and I entered a softball tournament at Softball City to help raise money for cancer research (the tournament raised about $5000). We all left straight from work and showed up on the ball field with about an hour of rest before we started out triple header!!
The first game was more of a warm up (that's my excuse for losing) Geoff (that's my boyfriend) and I missed the first few minutes becuase we were trying in vain to get the attention of the waiter or waitress in the grill upstairs so that we could eat! But we got there, and everyone was doing what they were supposed to. Well, kind of. There were people batting, pitching, throwing and catching. I wasn't really paying attention since I had already downed a few "adult only" beverages. We ended up losing the first game by a few runs.
The second game started pretty much right away, we had about 5 minutes of breathing time. they put me and Geoff's friend Dave in the line up and we were off. My first hit went straight to the short stop, but thankfully, he dropped it, so I was able to take first base. Then, after a few errors on the other teams side, I made it to third base where my manager offered me a concoction that burnt my throat. Then, a power hitter came up and I ran to home base, somehow tripping over my own feet and doing a very good impression of Superman as I flew through the air. I landed hard on my right knee and rolled onto my back to protect my face (apparently it's against the rules there to slide into base, but they don't require helmets??) so I lost some skin on my knees, and I have some road rash on my back. But, I was safe, and that's all that mattered. (Right?) I ended up playing the rest of game two with a sore knee, but my last at bat was awesome, I smoked that thing all the way out to the left fielder, and luck was with me, he couldn't hold on to it! So I took second base too. :P We ended up winning this game by a few runs.
Game Three I mostly sat out of, my knee was throbbing by this point, and I was trying to drown the pain in some Pina Colada Breezers, and it was working quite successfully right up until they asked me to come in and play first baseman again. Then, I had a full inning to semi-sober! We won game three by a landslide (22-8) so we go on to the next day. We drove Dave home and went back to my place to sleep. Although I didn't sleep much because I am a big wimp and everytime I moved, my knee rubbed on the sheets.
Sunday - Big day of NOTHING! Geoff and I went back to his place, did some of his laundry (he did, not me, I played on his laptop) then, we packed up his computer and headed to my place for some drastic Game dorking. Geoff and I both play World of Warcraft, an online RPG style game that has over 6 million players as of the beginning of this year, so I am a Sheep. Baaaa. I did some of my laundry (only one load, then I ran out of quarters!) I got my main character to level 55 (the highest level is 60) and got some new equipment for her (yes, I am a total geek, aware and accepting). I currently have seven active characters that I play on this game. I'm going to assume that you know all about this game and just tell you that my main character Shavida, is a Troll Shaman, and she kicks serious NPC butt! So that was pretty much Sunday in a nutshell...didn't do much else.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2006
(20)
-
▼
August
(10)
- Ok, it's been a while since I've posted :( Sorry!...
- I am a catastrophe on legs.I can't seem to go more...
- I fear That not all is tRuea secret lies behind th...
- I have created yet another character on WoW...I no...
- Why do human beings kill for religious reasons??Go...
- PART THREE:Most of the week in New Orleans was a b...
- PART TWO:Sunday morning, Chris and I woke up in ou...
- I've made it a mission that I'm going to take one ...
- World of Warcraft? Way of Life??So last night, bei...
- OK, so here is Blog #1. I have never made one of ...
-
▼
August
(10)
1 comment:
2 Words....Gong Show
Post a Comment