Thursday, August 03, 2006

PART TWO:
Sunday morning, Chris and I woke up in our hotel room and groaned audibly at the screaming bells in our heads. They refused to quiet, so we went for breakfast to placate them.

We had coupons (I know, how lame) for a restaurant down the road from us that served grits, and Chris desperatley wanted to try grits, so we went there. They were air conditioned, and yet looked out onto the Quarter, so we could watch the people walking by. While Chris pondered the menu, I noticed a pretty blond girl a few tables over, sitting by herself, shaking like a leaf as she tried to eat her eggs and toast. So, being the proud polite Canadian that I am, I invited her to our table for the company.

Turns out, our new friend, Jamie, is a 20 year old from California, and she's bisexual. Now, I won't lie, I found this fascinating. How could a person want to have relationships with both genders? I have a hard enough time with the one! So we had ourselves some breakfast, ordered up a couple of beers to go and were on our way. Jamie stuck with us the entire day, which was cool, we went to Ripley's museum, bought some wacky clothes, and posed for a picture with an drug dealer. (He kind of walked into the picture and posed with us actually, but whatever)

Near the end of the night, we all went back to a pub that was closest to our hotel and got smashed. Chris and I had found out the night before that this particular pub was in fact a gay bar. I had no problems with that, don't have to fight off the gay men. So we drank and firted, and at one point (there are pictures, that's why I know) I was kissing Jamie...she was a good kisser, and she was promising to do all of these freaky things to me. But, I was tired, and not so interested in trying new things, so I went back to my hotel and fell asleep. When I woke up, Jamie was on her plane home, and Chris was raring to go on our first walking tour of the Garden District.

It was hot, there was houses and buildings, some lady broke a shoe, we took a lot of pictures, and then we were back in the pubs.

No comments: